MartynVHalm

Mike Robbins
State of Honour
Gary Haynes

From Thine Own Well

From Thine Own Well - Norm Hamilton, Erin Potter, Elliot Hamilton-Boucher This fiction debut by non-fiction author Norm Hamilton is an excellent addition to the dystopian/post-apocalyptic eco-thriller genre.

Although at times the narrative seems to bend to the theme and some dialogue is stilted, on the whole this book is well-written and the devastating ecological disaster and its repercussions are described in such vivid detail and realism that I had to remind myself regularly that Hamilton is writing about a possible future, not the present.

In a sense, this book reminded me of [b:Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?|8125853|Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?|Philip K. Dick|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1328301786s/8125853.jpg|830939], one of my favorite books by Philip K. Dick. From Thine Own Well is a more realistic book and--while Hamilton has quite a few witty passages--the message is unequivocally bleaker.

Reading this book might make reading the newspaper a much more ominous endeavor. While this book is firmly set in the future, we can see the signs in the present, and Hamilton's future might become the present sooner than we think.

Recommended reading.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a digital copy of this book free from the author. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”